The Doula Package Includes:
Up to 3 Prenatal Visits to chat and get to know each other, to go over the wishes, desires, and birth preferences, etc. of you and your partner.
I serve Utah and Salt Lake Counties, but can discuss a travel fee if your birthing location is farther away.
I will be on call from 2 weeks before your due date until you deliver.
You can expect me to join you and stay with you continuously through your labor and birth. (Though, I will kindly step out anytime you and your partner need a moment to discuss something or need to be alone.)
(In the case of my own true emergency or illness, I can help you with a "back-up doula" option.)
I am also happy to provide you with some precious images that will help tell your birth story as part of this doula package, at no extra cost.
Note: If birth photography is a top priority for you, you may want to hire a separate birth photographer. I have been able to capture enough images to satisfy my clients so far, but I cannot promise that I will be able to catch every moment you may wish, as supporting you is my top priority as your doula. Still, I do my very best to pick up my camera any time other support is in place for a moment.
My Doula Training:
- 2001, Penny Simkin (the mother of the Doula Movement)
- 2016, Kristy Huber & Kristi Ridd-Youngat Salt Lake Community College
- Member of the Utah Doula Association
- DONA International Certification to be completed Spring of 2018
Additional Training and Experience:
- Mindfulness (& Hypnobirthing-Mongon Method)
- Perinatal Mood Disorders
- Supporting Survivors of Abuse
- Adoption (special rates available)
- Bereavement (volunteer for families experiencing infant loss)
- Breastfeeding assistance
- Postpartum Support